Tue, 12 Sept|
13% Gastro Wine @Killiney
IPP Pub Quiz for Children's Surgical Center in Cambodia
The last Quiz raised 230 SGD for the Children's Surgical Centre in Cambodia. Since our last quiz was such a success, we are hosting another quiz at 13% Gastrowinebar in Killiney Road (near Somerset) on Tuesday 12th September at 7pm.
Time & Location
12 Sept 2017, 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm
13% Gastro Wine @Killiney, 117 Killiney Rd, Singapore 239554
About The Event
The last Quiz raised 230 SGD for the Children's Surgical Centre in Cambodia.
Since our last quiz was such a success, we are hosting another quiz at 13% Gastrowinebar in Killiney Road (near Somerset) on Tuesday 12th September at 7pm. This time lets raise even more money to further support the Children's Surgical Centre in Cambodia!
CSC aims to improve the quality of life for disabled poor people by providing free rehabilitation surgery. Integral to this mission is a program of training local surgeons and health workers, focusing on the development of sustainable surgical services for Cambodians.
Around 500 million people, or 12% of the world’s population, suffer from some sort of disability. Disabilities can bring misery, reduce economic status, destroy social integration, and cause untold suffering through stigmatization and marginalization from society.
In the last 30 years, international agencies have made great efforts to assist with healthcare in developing countries focusing on the principles of ‘primary health care’; e.g. sanitation, clean water, and Maternal & Child Health (MCH). Surgery has been considerably underemphasized as ‘too sophisticated and expensive’ for widespread impact.
However, CSC’s experience shows that:
- Safe, simple surgery is easy to organise, can be cheap (US$35 per operation), and is highly effective.
- The results of successful surgery are beneficial to the patient, gratifying to the surgeon, and the technology is practical.
- The costs are sustainable for developing countries and are similar to the costs for medical treatment of chronic diseases.
- Locally trained surgeons can readily learn how to do appropriate procedures.
- CSC demonstrates the enormous benefits of simple, safe, rehabilitation surgery in developing countries by providing surgery and training programs on a daily basis.
13% Gastro Wine @Killiney
117A Killiney Road, 2nd Floor
Tel: +65 66944708
Feel free to contact David Domoney for more information
Mob: +6582083474 firstname.lastname@example.org
Help the Children’s Surgical Centre in Cambodia - please share the link, any donations appreciated: